- Will my friend watch enough DVDs to get a good value for the Netflix subscription fee?
- How is my friend going to feel when Netflix requires credit/debit card information when he or she tries to redeem the gift certificate?
- If my friend has a billing dispute with Netflix resulting from a billing error, lost DVD, etc., will my friend unconsciously blame me for the frustration involved in resolving the conflict?
- Will my friend remember to cancel his or her Netflix subscription in time to avoid getting charged for an additional month? If not, will my friend blame me for the charge?
- Since my friend is probably already eligible for a free two-week trial, is a one-month subscription much of a gift?
- If my friend really wants a Netflix subscription, why hasn’t he or she already signed up for the free trial subscription?
- Does my friend know about Netflix’s reputation? If so, will my gift be considered a good gift?
- Do I like getting gift certificates as gifts, or do I normally think they're kind of lame?
The most important part of gift giving is showing others how you feel about them. If you have answered all of the questions above and still believe a Netflix gift subscription is the perfect gift for your friend, go to Netflix and buy one now. If you think the gift of a Netflix subscription may backfire, then start browsing. There are many nicer gifts available for $18.